eARC problems with LG CX (Beam and Arc)

• 19 December 2020
  • 28 replies

I have a Sonos Beam and Sonos arc. Both sound bars will intermittently drop audio when connected to an LG CX Oled TV via HDMI/eARC. When I plug in via the optical to HDMI adapter the drops go away (but I lose Atmos and the ability to control the soundbar with the TV remote). It seems to me that the problem lies either with Sonos’ or LG’s implementation of the e-arc/arc protocol. This is incredibly frustrating. I just want my new TV and new soundbar to play nice.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 7

Same issue.  I have a new LG 87” connected to my Arc via the eARC HDMI port utilizing an expensive high bandwidth return cable.  My system is connected to a Sonos sub and 2 Sonos One wirelessly.  My audio drops daily, whether I’m on cable (Xfinity) or AppleTV.  Always requires a reset.  Not good for a $2k+ system.

If you disconnect the Xfinity box, do you still experience audio drops from the Apple TV?

Yep.  It also drops from Internet streaming content, resulting in blaring audio from the TV built-in speakers, which then can’t be controlled.  Thanks for your reply.

Badge +1

My Sonos system has broke again.  My ARC will not connect to the sub or surrounds even if I reset everything and reinstall the entire system now.  I’ve wasted 8+ hours between Sonos support and the dealer so I’m returning the components to the dealer on Tue.