Question

eArc not connecting

• 10 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, i have a Sonos Arc and an LG Nanocell tv. I originally connected to eArc through the tv but now i can't  reconnect it. I can only connect via bluetooth. 

I have reinstalled the app and havent changed the hdmi cable. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi dave_becs,

I’m not aware of any way to connect to the Arc via bluetooth. As far as I know, the Arc isn’t bluetooth enabled.

Are you using the S2 version of the App and have you been able to add the Arc as a product? If you can see the Arc in the S2 App and play music to it from say Sonos radio then the issue is most likely with the TV settings, a faulty HDMI lead/socket or a more serious problem with the TV or Arc.

Please can you advise if you can see the Arc in the App. If you can, I will check the TV settings on my LG Nanocell TV and let you know what I have them set to. 

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes i have s2 and it detects arc. When i go into the app it comes up with a message detecting an issue. It runs through the wizard and says it can't get a signal to the arc port. I have tried changing the hdmi but this hasnt solved it. Both the tv and sonos are about 1 month old.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi again,

My TV is a an LG 49 Nano 866 and I have the sound settings as follows :

Sound>Sound Out> HDMI ARC

Sound>Additional settings :

DVT AUDIO SETTING : AUTO

DIGITAL SOUND OUT : AUTO

eARC : ON

Not sure if your Nano is the same model and has the same menu options, but it would be worth checking the above settings.

If this doesn’t work then I think you will need to contact Sonos support and submit a diagnostic. The other option is to reset the Arc and start from scratch with a fresh install. 

Please let us know how you get on.