Question

DVDs with DTS only for 5.1

• 19 July 2017
  • 9 replies

Another how to deal with DTS question: I have a few DVDs (not BluRays) that are older and have only stereo and DTS 5.1 as options. Since they're DVDs the Samsung BD-J6300 won't transcode the DTS to DD. Has anyone run across a solution for plain DVDs to get DTS to DD? Many thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I'm guessing no one else has this niche problem??? Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
In the minute case(s) that I've run across in my collection, I've just told the player to use Stereo, rather than the extended DTS. And to be honest, I don't even remember when disc(s) it was.
That's what I'm thinking, too. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
£1400 worth of sonos 5.1, that plays stereo=shameful.
For less than .01% of my listening experience, I don't view it as such a dire issue as you do. Sure, I'd like more, but shameful?
Agreed! Minor issue, but worth seeing if anyone else had found a solution.
Yes, I have a few blurays with DTS only. Have to set output to PCM; pity with a Fast and Furious movie!
I've always thought that DTS gave a superior surround experience that DD, but doesn't have the industry support that Dolby does; nor possibly that advertising budget. I would like to see the option for DD or DTS decoding; or automatic that most good receivers. 😞
Badge
Hello
I had the same problem and the Keithmac user suggest me to buy samsung bd-f6500 which transcode dts to dd 5.1
in SPAIN I've found samsung db-h6500 (price: 106 euros) which resolved this big problem
I hope that help you
Thank you. I will be upgrading my Bluray player to 4k soon and will select (Samsung?) one that will convert DTS to DD 5.1.