Question

DTS > DD 5.1 from Xbox One S?

• 27 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
Seems to be a lot of conflicting information on this. My Xbox One will pass DD 5.1 from DTS sources and I see the Xbox One S does but what about the One S? Seems odd to me this would be left out since all 3 consols pretty much run o nthe same software.

I am looking to get UHD+HDR bluray capability on my TV and it makes more sense to update the Xbox One I have than bu a dedicated player and since I don't game too much the Xbox One S would be excellent value but not if I can't watch DTS discs.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge
Re-written above post to actually make sense...

Seems to be a lot of conflicting information on this. My Xbox One will pass DD 5.1 from DTS sources and I see the Xbox One X does but what about the One S? Seems odd to me this would be left out of the S since all 3 consoles pretty much run on the same software.

I am looking to get UHD+HDR bluray capability on my TV and it makes more sense to update my original Xbox One than buy a dedicated player and since I don't game too much the Xbox One S would be excellent value but not if I can't watch DTS discs.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Yes the One S does as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I know for a fact that the original Xbox One does and the Xbox One X does... I can only imagine that the Xbox One S would as well being between the other two. As long as you're using HDMI to your TV, you can set the HDMI audio output to be "Bitstream", then select "Dolby Digital" as the bitstream format.