Dolby Atmos ERA300 vs ERA100 review

• 7 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello to.all,

I purchased 2 Era300 and 2 Era100 for a comparison with a Beam 2 gen and Mini Sub on a home theater system.

My impressions:

I played a Dolby vision + Dolby Atmos demo of.the tv:

Seems more detailed the sound coming from the 100's.

And I played later a movie badged "Dolby Atmos" on Netflix.

On a scene where there is an helicopter flying from the left side the sound is very similar to the 3O0's.

U don't feel the different effects of the Dolby Atmos.

Even thought SonoS app reports me "Dolby Atmos".

I also moved through different places of the room and, still, do not feel the  sound difference from the 2 types of speakers.

Anybody has the same impression?

Shame i can't up load here the registration of the sound  comparison 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @flybyme 

Thank you for your feedback!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks - that is an interesting comparison and feedback.  

I have the Era 300’s and Sonos Ones.  I am not even sure I notice a difference between those.  The Sonos Ones may even sound fuller on surround sound.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I've been thinking about upgrading my ones to 100s. Beam Gen 2, full size sub, ones in the living room. Music only. I don't blast my music loud. Generally about 50% of volume maybe 70% in the living room. I can't watch movies with surround sound.

Badge

Have you actually tried a proper quality source, like a TrueHD based Atmos source, that has a proper 7.1.x soundtrack to test properly? Because my Era 300s with Arc using such a quality source blows me away.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Have you actually tried a proper quality source, like a TrueHD based Atmos source, that has a proper 7.1.x soundtrack to test properly? Because my Era 300s with Arc using such a quality source blows me away.

I have just a Beam Gen 2+ Sub Mini…

WIch volume you use?I can’t use it loud due to neighbour just behind the wall😉