Answered

dolby Atmos

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Why tidal play Dolby atmos on my arc with my google chrome device but not Apple Music with my Apple TV ?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 June 2021, 17:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Liable to be the settings on the Apple TV for output. If it is working from one device, then the Sonos is working properly. You just need to check the output and TV settings for the other device.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you for the reply, I will try to place my tv on the same HDMI port as google chrome if it work but i did tried before on the Apple TV and only show me 5.1 no other options

It’s not likely to be the HDMI port that you’re connecting to, but the audio settings in the Apple TV. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I just did try the audio settings on Apple TV and nothing happened only give me options stereo or 5.1 and also play tidal and said not support for atmos ,

I put the google Chrome back and is perfect play atmos, so I don’t get it but never mind just leave it like it is.

Userlevel 7

What model Apple TV are you using? Under the Apple TV’s Audio Format settings, do you have Change Format turned off and Immersive Audio turned on?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The latest Apple TV I think I tried that and goes to stereo , I will try again 

Userlevel 7

What model TV do you have?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Apple TV 4K the one was launched last week 

Userlevel 7

What model is your TV? Is it equipped with HDMI eARC? eARC is required to get Atmos audio from the Apple TV 4K.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Not is only Arc, but why Google chrome does the job?

Userlevel 7

The Apple TV 4K uses a high bandwidth form of Dolby Atmos that requires an eARC connection. The Chromecast doesn’t.