Dolby Atmos

• 30 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Is there any way to enhance the Dolby experience with the Arc? 

I have a Sony 65 OLED A8H tv, the arc, gen 2 sub and 2 ones as surrounds. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Not sure what you mean exactly by “enhancing the Dolby experience”. But the best audio experience you can get with Sonos Arc is watching a Dolby Atmos-encoded Blu-ray or 4K UHD and experiencing Dolby Atmos in lossless Dolby TrueHD.

Can I add more speakers to my setup such as ceiling speakers for more height effect?

Userlevel 7

No. The only additions or upgrades you can make to your current setup is replacing your Ones with Fives and adding another Sub (Gen 3) for a dual Sub setup. The Sonos Arc is limited to a 5.2.2 setup.

Some users, including myself, are requesting Sonos to add a Sonos One with an upward firing speaker to their lineup. This could allow Arc users to have a 5.2.4 setup and help produce a more noticeable height effect.

Some users have also requested the option to be able to increase the level of the two upward firing speakers on the Arc.