Distorted Digital Audio Output - PCM Only Fandango Now

• 22 May 2018
  • 1 reply

So I am forced to use PCM digital output in order to hear sound on my Sonos using Fandango Now. This wouldn’t be a problem if the sound quality didn’t become distorted on louder action scenes. Hard to describe the sound just a loud cracking noise. I have watched the same movies on Vudu (which work using the auto digital output setting) and don’t have these same sound issues. I have run a diagnostic, confirmation #1929339404.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, jdubsik. Thanks for posting. I recently came across a topic about FandangoNow on a Samsung Smart TV showing the same exact problem. The diagnostic report you submitted points to some physical electronic errors around the SUB. This means that there is something in the immediate physical around your Sub that is interfering with the communication to the Playbar. This wouldn't necessarily cause a problem specifically with FandangoNow. In fact, if the problem only shows up in FandangoNow, I would recommend taking a closer look at your TV Audio settings and ensuring that when using TV apps the audio settings do not change.

If you'd like, I can take a closer look at what the Playbar is receiving from FandangoNow if you submit another diagnostic report while attempting to play audio from FandangoNow to the Playbar under the Auto audio setting. Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number as you did in the first post.

Thanks!