Question

Dialogue issues with Sonos Arc and Sony x950 tv

• 27 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello Everyone

I just upgraded my playbar to the ARC and my TV to the sony x950 and was soo excited to test everything out, but was severely disappointed with the terrible dialogue with the ARC.   I feel that I have to constantly increase the volume to hear dialogue but then turn it down when something explodes.  I’ve read that this may be an issue but wasn’t sure if anyone has had luck with fixing this.  I watch everything on an apple 4k TV.  I also have the play 1 for surround and the gen 3 sub.

any thoughts and suggestions will be welcomed.

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @bloomer.

Thanks for reaching out, let me check it for you.

When playing TV audio with a Sonos home theater speaker, you can turn on Speech Enhancement to boost the audio frequencies associated with the human voice. Turning this feature on will make dialogue easier to hear. You can also turn on Night Sound when watching TV at low volumes, such as late at night. Night sound reduces the intensity of loud sounds while increasing the level of quieter sounds, making dialogue clearer without having to turn up the volume.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the issue occurs and provide us with the confirmation number, so I can see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let us know how that goes.