Answered

Crackling/sound drop from play 1 in surround set up.

• 18 August 2018
  • 2 replies

While watching a film, sound failed to play properly from the rear right play 1 speaker and ibstead craxkling xould be heard. Earlier in the day, sound was also lost completely and then came returned over a couple of seconds making it very obvious something wasn't right with the right play 1 speaker. I have retuned the full system as I have read that can fix the crackling, but it didn't seem to fix the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue/know of a solution?

My diagnostic number for this is also:
icon

Best answer by Keith N 27 August 2018, 19:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, pottsy0. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Does this happen with other forms of audio, like Spotify or Pandora?

Based on the diagnostic report, it seems that the Playbar was receiving an unsupported audio codec. Our Home Theater devices currently support PCM (Stereo) and Dolby Digital 5.1. You may want to verify the audio output settings for your TV. See your TV's user guide for more information on how to check.
Hi and thank you.

It was receiving Dolby digital 5.1 as it was a movie from Netflix and I have checked all settings on the TV etc to make sure the playbar receives a DD signal via the optical cable. I have only really noticed it with movies. I don't recall it happening at the beginning when I first got the Sonos system, but it does seem to be occurring more frequently at the moment.

When it made the crackling sound the first time, I repeated the same moment to check if the crackling was random, but it repeated it in the same place.

Thanks