Answered

couple of issues

• 5 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all , came downstairs this morning and found that my left surround speaker had disconnected from the beam and other surround and then my Amazon box keeps loosing connection !! I've unplugged the Sonos system and now the Amazon box works fine , that's connected via ethernet . 

But the left surround speaker is a pain to connect back up , it says it's connected but then doesn't appear in the system , anyone any ideas . 

icon

Best answer by James L. 6 December 2021, 10:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Remove/unbond the two surround speakers from the Beam and unplug the Beam and surrounds from power for a couple of minutes. Reboot your router. Then plug all of the speakers back in and add the two speakers back as surrounds.

And after that, look in to assigning reserved IP addresses for your network devices in your router’s DHCP table. The router’s manual should give you good reference there. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Ok thanks guys , one surround speaker is an absolute pain to connect , the other connects straight away ! Everything I try and watch on my Amazon box buffers if I leave plugged in the speaker that's a pain to connect ! The one that is a pain to connect has dropped off the system twice now in two days .

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

The Amazon box is ethernet connected to the router , surely that wouldn't make a difference ? 

I turned off the one speaker and I got no buffering !! Turned it back on after 30 seconds the Amazon buffered , turned speaker off , buffering stopped ! 

Badge +17

Resolved/solution in another topic: