Could not use Sony TV sound, keep switching back to Sonos Soundbar

• 4 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I  have been trying to select TV audio but my Sony X9500H keeps automatically switches back to Sonos Arc system sound.

I am considering to by a Facebook TV portal which requires a connection to the TV speakers (to avoid echo). However, if I cannot find an easy way to switch back the audio from Arc to TV speaker, the Facebook Portal will be useless.

Thanks

HP

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @QuachHoang6000 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m really not sure that you need to - according to the instructions I found here: https://portal.facebook.com/gb/help/734063587061869/ you only need to keep the device away from a soundbar rather than disconnect one when using it.

If the device couldn’t cope with a soundbar being used, Facebook would be really limiting the number of units being sold.

I’m no expert on the device but it looks to me like you just plug it in to the TV as a HDMI source, end of story. This is the first time I’ve looked into them, however, so maybe someone in the Community can offer some experience?