Answered

Cord Color for White Beam

• 18 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I received my white Beam yesterday, but it came with a BLACK power cord. This is the 7th white Sonos product I've purchased, but it is the first and only one that came with a black power cord. Was I provided the wrong color cord, or are there no white power cords for the Beam? My beam is placed above a projector screen, and the power cable runs along a white wall, so I was really expecting it to be white. Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 18 July 2018, 19:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi pppeter, the Beam and Playbase both ship with black power cords for all units. The back of the unit where it plugs in, known as the "cable cove" in some circles, is black, and they thought it seemed weird for a white cord to come out of it. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call, as they might be able to help with a white cable (it's the same cord as the Play:5 gen2.
Have the exact same setup and feedback. Very annoying.
I am certain that if it had shipped with a white cord, there would be an equal number of complaints on the other side. As it’s fairly easily rectified, I don’t see a huge issue, but more of a minor annoyance to some.
Bruce, you’re right - I actually got a white cord for free shipped today.