Controlling volume on the Arc with the remote of my LG B9 is very slow to the point where the Sonos S2 app is a lot faster

• 8 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

As the title describes.

I own an LG B9 on the latest firmware and the Sonos Arc on the latest firmware. When I need to increase the volume or lower it when using the TV remote, it is very slow, and I mean very slow. It can take up to 5-10 seconds before the volume actually lowers or increases. Sometimes I need to click 10+ times on my remote just to increase the volume or decrease it by one point. This has been so annoying to the point where I strictly use the Sonos S2 app just to control the volume of the Arc.

Anyone here have the same issue with another LG tv or another brand?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @magony, thanks for reaching out. Let me help you with that. Are you experiencing the same problem with your remote and TV alone? If not, and only with Arc, is it possible to set up a different remote to see if we’ll get the same problem? Let us know how it goes. We’re here to help. Thanks! 

Badge

Hi @magony, thanks for reaching out. Let me help you with that. Are you experiencing the same problem with your remote and TV alone? If not, and only with Arc, is it possible to set up a different remote to see if we’ll get the same problem? Let us know how it goes. We’re here to help. Thanks! 

I get the same results using the mobile app remote from LG. When I unplug the Arc there are no problems changing volume on the TV itself. I have it connected through the eARC port on my TV and I am using the correct settings on the sound settings. I have also reset both my TV and the room in the Sonos app but nothing works.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @magony, thanks for the details here and appreciate all the efforts. I’d suggest trying a different universal remote to isolate the issue or consult LG as well perhaps they have something to share with us. Thanks!