Connections

• 30 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Upgrade my parents to a new TV and Sonos Beam. They have Apple TV and Direc Tv. What’s the easiest way to set these up so they can use the sonos for both? Appreciate the assistance 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

The Beam connects to the TV’s HDMI ARC (or optical port if HDMI ARC isn’t available). Then connect the Apple TV and DirecTV box to any of the TV’s other HDMI ports.

Thank you. Once I do that, both devices will play through the beam and surround speakers? 

Userlevel 7

Thank you. Once I do that, both devices will play through the beam and surround speakers? 

Yes. You just need to change the input on the TV when switching devices.

Thank you so much! Appreciate it

Lastly, will the beam automatically turn on when switching between Apple TV and Direc TV? 

Userlevel 7

Lastly, will the beam automatically turn on when switching between Apple TV and Direc TV? 

The Beam never completely turns off. It just goes into idle mode. When it detects an audio signal, it automatically wakes up from idle mode and plays the audio.