Question

Connection of Play1 speakers directly to tv?

• 11 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Is this possible? I was given a pair of Play1s by my children with the specific purpose being to upgrade the sound of my tv. Im not interested in surround at this time. Is there a way to hook up to my tv without having to invest another $700 for a Playbar?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Not directly, no. There's no line-in on a PLAY:1 for you to connect to. You could conceivably get a CONNECT, which isn't the same cost as the PLAYBAR, and connect the stereo output of the TV to it, and send that to the PLAY:1s.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Not directly, no. There's no line-in on a PLAY:1 for you to connect to. You could conceivably get a CONNECT, which isn't the same cost as the PLAYBAR, and connect the stereo output of the TV to it, and send that to the PLAY:1s.

With a slight delay
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You could have gone Play:5 instead of the two Play:1s as it has line input as well (in my testing the delay through analog connection didn't particularly mess with lip sync where it was noticeable).