Answered

Connecting tv to wired ceiling speakers.

• 21 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
Can I have my tv in great room play on my kitchen ceiling speakers. We are doing new construction so wiring options are open. We plan to have several Sonos zones with connect amps but would like to be able to hear tv in kitchen when prepping food and not have tv volume maxed.
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Chris 22 October 2018, 18:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Yes, you'd just "group" the two rooms. The kitchen would be likely slightly delayed (around 70ms), but if you can't hear both rooms at the same time, you'd be fine. I did this in my last home, with great success. Now that I have an open kitchen/living room setup, it's not really necessary.
Badge
Grouped with what? I intend on tv only when in that room but when in kitchen I would like to be able to play on in ceiling speakers in ketchen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
To get TV sound to other parts of house you will need a Sonos with input hooked to TV:

Options are currently:

Playbar and Playbase (optical connection to TV).
Beam and upcoming Sonos Amp (HDMI connection to TV or optical via adapter)
Current Connect:Amp, Connect, Upcoming Sonos Amp or Play:5 (analog connection to TV).

As long as you have tv hooked to one of these devices then you can play TV sound anywhere in house.
Badge
I was hoping there might be a digital output that I could run from tv to amp that powers kitchen speakers. This is a new construction so wiring is not s problem.
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The new Sonos Amp will take an HDMI ARC connection from the TV and will power your kitchen speakers as well.
Badge
Great. Thank you