Question

connecting TV sony amp to sonos

• 18 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Good morning I was looking for some help please, I currently have a Sony amp running a 5.1 surround system wit two ceiling speakers and two wall and a Center speaker all connected and running well also have a sonos connect to allow me to play music through the speakers, ,y question is how could I connect the speakers and amp to allow me to play the sound from the TV through other sonos connect to allow the sound through Bose speakers I have on the patio and the outdoor kitchen. Looked at the new amp but can’t see how that allows the current 5.1 sound that I have through the Sony amp. Many thanks in advance for any help offered and hopefully I’ve explained my self well enough 

SET UP 

TV running into a Sony amp with a sonos connect connected to allow sonos to play through the 5.1 speakers 

Patio two Bose speakers running through a sonos connect amp 

Outdoor Kitchen two more Bose speakers running through another sonos connect amp

(I also have a play bar on the tv in the kids playroom but don’t want to move that as I already have the 5.1 on the main tv) 

Thank you 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

@Robert1892 Thank you for bringing your question to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. Please understand the setups you are asking about are unsupported setups with Sonos for TV audio. Just know it may work but we could not troubleshoot the audio issues that you will likely run into. Let us see if anyone in the Sonos Community has any experience with the equipment in your setup or with this type of TV configuration.

I can suggest that you could try using the line-in option on your Connect from your Sony equipment that is getting the TV audio signal. You could then play the Sony receiver as the line-in source on your Connect and then group the Connect to other room names in your Sonos app. It would be the same idea of playing TV audio on your Playbar and then grouping TV audio to other rooms in the Sonos app. We are not designed to group the TV packets like that and may run into audio delays, drops and skips with the TV audio. If you test these options out I would also recommend that you try to use Sonosnet with one or more of our products Ethernet wired to the network to router or unmanaged switch from the router. This may help with communication for your Sonos products as well as distance between products can be a factor.

Test things out and let us know what is happening for you. You may find users here who could help adjust for any settings/issues you may run into.