Answered

Connecting to TV

• 11 November 2017
  • 6 replies

Hello. I want to buy wireless speakers that I can connect wirelessly to play audio from a smart TV. Can the Play:1 or the Sonos One do this without me needing to buy a soundbar also?
icon

Best answer by nifoxke 11 November 2017, 17:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

No.
Are you sure? Someone in the shop told me it would be possible with some new smart TVs
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Not possible without some additional products, no. Unfortunately the person you spoke with is misinformed.
What products would I need? And are there any other wireless speakers that enable this?
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
You could try to do it with a Connect but then you run the risk of lip sync issues as the Sonos adds a delay. You'd be better off getting a Playbase or Playbar.

There are certainly other brands that allow for wireless speakers but they'll need to be connected to your TV in one form or another. There are less expensive soundbars with wireless surrounds and subs but the soundbar has to be connected to your TV in order to receive the audio signal.
The issue is not the speakers but the absence of any wireless output on the TV. At least on every TV I have seen to date.