Connecting Sonsos Connect AMP to AVR

• 6 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Planning a whole house system. Want to share sources like Roku Ultra in main room with 5.1 audio with traditional wired speakers AND with the five other zones using the Connect AMP(s). Can I connect my AVR Zone 2 or Zone 3 output to the Connect AMP's line In? Considering using the Denon AVRX6400H. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, iwcco. Thanks for posting, happy to help in any way I can. Based on the diagrams on the online manual for the Denon AVRX6400 (here), you should be able to output from the Pre Outs for Zone 2/3. From the Sonos side, as long as they get an input from your receiver, you are good to go. If you were to run into any problems with the receiver, I would recommend perusing through that manual or giving Denon a call to give you a walkthrough of the receiver settings and functions.

Keep in mind: The audio signal is going from the source to a CONNECT:AMP feeding speakers somewhere else in the house. There is guaranteed to be some latency between the zones. This is because the signal needs to be broadcast, received and played back which takes more time the longer the distance. In most cases, the latency is negligible and not a problem when using it for audio only. When we start using video media, the sync between the image and the sound is stark and apparent the further you get from the source.