Answered

Connecting Sonos Beam gen2 to Benq HT2050A Projector

• 31 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to connecting a Sonos Beam gen2 and two One SL speakers to my projector, which is a Benq HT2050A. I believe the projector does not have HDMI ARC capabilities. Is there any hope? I’d love to at least be able to have the Beam work with the projector. Thank you for any help!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 January 2023, 15:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @soheilr 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There is some hope, yes. As the projector only has an analogue output and the Beam has no analogue input, I think your best option would be with the source device you are connecting to the projector - if it has an optical output, then you can use the HDMI-Optical adaptor (as well as the HDMI cable) supplied with the Beam to connect the two.

If this isn’t an option, or if you want to use multiple source devices, then you will need to use a third-party device to provide Beam with an HDMI-ARC signal, like the Arcana FuryHD (and a HDMI switch for multiple sources). Please note that such devices are unsupported, and that this is not a recommendation - it is simply an example of what you’d need.

You may find it only slightly more costly to replace the projector (I’d personally recommend a short-throw projector for use with a sound-bar).

I hope this helps.

Thank you @Corry P. This is definitely helpful. What do you mean exactly though when you say such devices are “unsupported”? Thanks very much. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @soheilr 

“Unsupported” does not mean it will not work, simply that we can’t make promises on a third-party product, and our technical support staff don’t receive training on such devices, so if you were to get in touch with TV audio issues and there’s unsupported equipment attached, we will/can not assist.

The Fury HD unit itself actually has a Sonos Arc pictured in their promotional material, so in such a situation, I think they’d be better placed to assist.

And, of course, the Sonos Community here is happy to assist too!

I hope this helps.