Question

Connecting a Projector with a Playbar for 5.1

• 21 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I've read every post on this and looking to confirm a few things related to connecting a Projector to a Playbar by way of Blue Ray Player.

I have a few quick questions:

• Would a Blue Ray Player work to be the bridge between a projector (with not Optical port) and the Playbar? The Projector will not have Optical, so would it work to use ONLY HDMI (wired or wireless) from the Projector to a Blue Ray Player, assuming the Blue Ray players sends DDS and has Optical (to connect directly to Playbar)?
  • Or, does there need to be some sort of Audio connection between the projector and the Blue Ray Player? One of the Projectors I'm looking at has an S/PDIF port, would that work to connect to the Optical part of a Blue Ray Player?
  • Most projectors only have HDMI and not even S/PDIF, with only like "Audio Out" ports for what look like headphone jacks. What is the fix here?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Essentially you need to avoid putting the audio through the projector. You need HDMI from BRP to projector to carry the video, and optical from BRP to Playbar for the audio (assuming the necessary connections exist).