Answered

Connecting a JVC smart amazon fire TV to the SYMFONISK WiFi bookshelf speaker

• 3 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’ve just purchased a JVC smart amazon fire TV and would like to purchase an SYMFONISK WiFi bookshelf speaker from Ikea. Can i set this speaker up to take audio from the TV?

Either direct with bluetooth or via the home wifi?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 3 March 2020, 14:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, the Ikea speakers are not designed to work with your TV.  They can be used with other Sonos products as rear surround speakers, but aren't capable of connecting to your TV directly.

Badge

So basically like my main tv which is connected to an expensive sonos sound bar via an optical cable with 2 play ones as surround, you can’t do it on the cheap. I’ve got the JVC in a smaller room and have a small JVC compact sound bar connected to it for £50 but thought for £100 i might get the ikea sonos instead. Can i presume you can play music from your iPhone direct to the ikea sonos via air play 2? But can’t beam a tv? Cheers K

Correct, Sonos requires a sound bar to accept a signal from a TV set, such as the Beam, the PLAYBASE, or the PLAYBAR.

Yes, you can send an AirPlay 2 signal to the IKEA SYMFONISK. I have not yet seen a TV that can send an AirPlay 2 signal, just some that can receive one. 

Correct, Sonos requires a sound bar to accept a signal from a TV set, such as the Beam, the PLAYBASE, or the PLAYBAR.

Yes, you can send an AirPlay 2 signal to the IKEA SYMFONISK. I have not yet seen a TV that can send an AirPlay 2 signal, just some that can receive one. 

I don’t think anything but Apple products can send airplay 2 signals yet.