connect samsung tv with sonos one sl/ beam/ play 1,3

• 6 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello I’m French so sorry for my bad English, I got 4 sonos devices a sonos beam/one sl/play 1/play3 then I want to connect all to get a nice home cinema. Now I just use the sonos beam but I want to use all my devices, how can I do ?
Thanks for help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

A Sonos home cinema set up can only consist of a soundbar, two suround speakers (and one or two Subs). So you’d have to make a decision about what speakers you’ll want to use for surrounds -  two One’s or twoPlay:3’s. The surround system wil make one “Room” in Sonos, the speakers not used for surround will form another room that can be grouped to the home cinema. Be aware that the grouped room will lag behind 70ms when playing TV-sources. Sonos music sources wil be in sync.

Thank you for reply, so if I understand I can’t mix different model of speakers (like beam with sonos play 1 and a sonos 1sl) I haven’t 2 speakers of the same model so It’s impossible to use just the sonos beam and play 1 ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not impossible, but not as a surround set. You'd have to group the Beam and the Play:1, that will lag behind the Beam with TV-sound 9a problem that will not occur when they are bonded in a surround set up, which you cannot do with only one speaker).

If you want a surround set up. I'd be looking at another Play:1 (used, as Sonos does not produce them anymore) or another  One SL. For a Beam two Play:3's (you'd also have to buy one used, as Sonos does not produce them anymore) would seem like overkill to me.

Badge

Not impossible, but not as a surround set. You'd have to group the Beam and the Play:1, that will lag behind the Beam with TV-sound 9a problem that will not occur when they are bonded in a surround set up, which you cannot do with only one speaker).

If you want a surround set up. I'd be looking at another Play:1 (used, as Sonos does not produce them anymore) or another  One SL. For a Beam two Play:3's (you'd also have to buy one used, as Sonos does not produce them anymore) would seem like overkill to me.

Thanks very much for the explanation! I was hoping against hope but expected this outcome :-)