Connect and surround

• 11 August 2018
  • 4 replies

I want to create surround sound on my TV using my existing receiver and Sonos Connect to integrate my in wall speakers with playbar and Sonos 1 speakers.

Is that possible?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You've also got me confused, as you say that you have Sonos One (or PLAY:1?) speakers, which should be able to be bonded to the PLAYBAR as surrounds. Did you want to use them in some other fashion, and replace them with the in-wall speakers?

No, the CONNECT can not handle the surround signal, and feed your receiver and in-wall speakers.
Thanks!
My main concern is trying to figure out a solution to integrate my current in-wall speakers with my PLAYBAR and PLAY:1's. I currently have a CONNECT that is connected to the receiver for these in-wall speakers so I was wondering if that CONNECT configuration with the receiver to allow me to pull off the surround sound integration. If that is not possible do I need to use the CONNECT AMP for these in-wall speakers?

Thanks again!
Thanks!
My main concern is trying to figure out a solution to integrate my current in-wall speakers with my PLAYBAR and PLAY:1's. I currently have a CONNECT that is connected to the receiver for these in-wall speakers so I was wondering if that CONNECT configuration with the receiver to allow me to pull off the surround sound integration. If that is not possible do I need to use the CONNECT AMP for these in-wall speakers?

Thanks again!

You could ditch the receiver and use a Connect:Amp for the surrounds. Note this configuration requires the Connect:Amp and Playbar either be wired together, or wired to the router/network. See this link for details:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2237?language=en_US
Just to be clear, you cannot setup your in-wall speakers (through Connect:amp) AND your play:1s as surround speakers. One or the other.