Answered

Conectar reproductor blu ray a sonos beam 2 de forma directa.

• 21 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I have a tv that has Arc but no eArc. I am thinking of buying a blu ray player that has an HDMI input only for audio (audio output only).

Can I connect an HDMI cable from the blu ray player's audio output to the sonos beam 2 input to play uncompressed Atmos from UHD discs?

I understand that the arc output of the tv cannot output audio with high bitrate such as atmos and others. So my only option is to output the audio from the player to the bar, and while it should work, I don't know for sure.

Thanks and regards.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 November 2022, 03:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

No, the Sonos HDMI port works on HDMI ARC, not HDMI. You’d need a device that creates either ARC or eARC. Usually, that’s the electronics in a TV set, although there are three external devices that apparently can do so. There is the HD Fury Arcana, the Feintech VAX04101k, and the latest, and least expensive, I think,  is the OREI HDA-935. Check your local retailers for availability, or Amazon. You can also order from those links from the companies directly, I think.

If the player has HDMI only it will not work directly as the connection to the Arc is either Arc/eARC (audio return channel) but perhaps look at getting the HDFury Arcana audio extractor to solve your issue. See this link:

https://www.hdfury.uk/product/hdfury-arcana/

Edit: Bruce beat me to it.

Thank you very much for the help