Chromecast + Projector + Sonos: Is it possible?

• 30 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
I have x4 sonos play 1 + sonos play bar. I would like connect chromecast to my panasonic projector for image and for the sound use sonos speakers. Is it possible? I would use netflix and youtube with my projector and sonos speakers.

Select audio output in the smartphone for sonos network, is possible?
how to do it? thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Is your playbar already connected to the projector? If so, then there would not be an issue. If not, then you would need to get your playbar connected to the projector. Whether that can be done depends on the type of projector you have. Myself and others here can help with that if you provide the brand and model number.

If your question was if the audio could be transmitted from chromecast to your playbar wirelessly...no, it cannot.
Badge
The sound bar is not connected to the projector. I can not connect the sound bar to the projector because it is too far away.

I would like to transmit the sound from the chromecast to the sound bar. It is a pity that this is not possible.

What solution do you recommend? My projector is a Panasonic PT-EW550.
Thank you!
Sorry for getting back to you so late. Honestly, my opinion is that soundbars and projectors are a bad combination in general. The playbar is no exception here. There isn't a solution I really like, although there are lots of options.

Maybe the easiest would be to transmit the audio through blue tooth. Take the headphone (I think it's headphone) audio out of the projector to a Bluetooth transmitter. Hook a Bluetooth receiver into the playbar. You should be able to get the audio that way, but it will only be stereo and I imagine it will not be in sync with the video of the projector.

Another option, if long wires are out of the question, would be to use wireless hdmi. That's going to be more expensive equipment, more complicated, will still only be stereo most likely, but should be in sync with the video, or at least close enough.

Others here may have worked through better solutions...