Question

Chromecast / HDMI Matrix / Projector and Sonos Arc Will dolby atmos work?

• 24 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, I consider to buy sonos arc with the sub to complete my home theater setup, but after some research, I have some doubts if it will work. My current setup is:

Google Chromecase Ultra
HDMI Matrix (with ARC support): https://xolorspace.com/collections/4x2-hdmi-matrix-switcher/products/4x2-4k-60hz-hdr-hdmi-matrix-switcher-optical-out-arc
Projector: Benq TK800

I want to achieve dolby atmos through (Dolby Digital Plus). The plan was simple:

1. Netflix -> streams Video + Audio to Chromecast
2. Chromecast -> pass signal to the matrix
3. Matrix -> splits the signal. and it sends the video to the projector and audio to the soundbar
4. I'm enjoying the effect

But. I have meet opinions on the web that the signal needs to go to TV and need to be returned via ARC channel to the soundbar and can't be pass through. So I have some questions:

1. Will sonos work with this setup?
2. What happens if not? Will I get 5.1 audio without atmos or it won't work at all?
3. Is ARC different thank pass through? I thought that if I can give an atmos signal to the soundbar it simply should work.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

1. Will sonos work with this setup? Yes it will work till 5.1 no chance to have Atmos
2. What happens if not? Will I get 5.1 audio without atmos or it won't work at all? you will have 5.1
3. Is ARC different thank pass through? Yes it’s different. There is nothing in the world actually can help use ARC with PJ. HDFury is working on it and they promise a solution end of summer