Question

Cant hear the left channel

• 24 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I have a beam and experiencing a very annoying issue. The left channel is not being heard wether it be movie, music or sports (as well through streaming not just tv) . The center is being heard from center but any sound that should incorporate left+right sounds right. Its iike the left isn't there. 

I have done everything acousticaly, removing obstruction, vacating space to both walls right and left of beam with right having just over 2m and left having just under 2m.i am sitting dead center. 

In YouTube r+l tests both channels work and I can't notice a much higher volume from the right one in test. 

Could this be my own hearing problem? Anything you can suggest? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @yuvalfrr.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system, it will help in identifying what is possibly causing this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we are always here to help.

Badge +3

Hello Annazel. 

Confirmation - 422456735

Hope you can help. Thanks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @yuvalfrr.

Thanks for your response and effort in submitting the diagnostic.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, the system detected large sync errors that can result in audio dropouts.

Commonly, this is caused by interference and this article will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products.

You may try to relocate the speaker or wire it directly to the router using an ethernet cable to determine if this is a wireless range issue.

Currently, the Beam’s audio codec is PCM, I recommend checking or adjusting the TV’s audio setting to ensure that the Beam is getting the correct audio format

Alternatively, it might be best to reach out to Sonos Support, so we can diagnose the device and continue working with you in real-time. It would be very helpful if you can record a video of the Beam while it is playing and capture the audio that exhibits the said behavior. I suggest our phone team, for they have more resources and tools available for advanced troubleshooting. When you have a moment during the week, please give our support number a call.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.