Answered

Cannot control Sonos Arc volume with LG Magic Remote when TV is off

• 16 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I recently bought the SONOS Arc + Sub + One to use it with my LG CX tv and I configured the system along with setting up the Magic Remote.  

When I just want to use the Arc without turning on the tv (eg. for playing songs using Alexa) I cannot control the volume of the Arc with the Magic Remote. Is there a way to make this work?

The volume control works when the tv is on though.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 April 2021, 10:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I suspect currently your Arc is being controlled via HDMI-CEC, from the TV through the Arc’s connection, and not via an IR signal from your remote. 

If you poke around in the FAQ area, you should be able to find how to change your Magic Remote over to IR, so that it works with a PLAYBAR, which should make it work with the Arc as well, since the Arc also has an IR receiver built in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ygpatel 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

@Airgetlam is correct - the TV is passing the signal along and for it to work with the TV off, you’ll need to put the remote into IR mode. You will lose some functionality on the remote if you do this, but the instructions are here on our Unable to adjust the volume using the LG Magic Remote help page.