Question

Can you wall mount playbar flush to tv?

• 13 January 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi all
I'm about to wall mount my playbar underneath the TV. Due to the design of the wall mount cables are not easily concealed. In the mounting instructions it recommends to leave 1" of space between the bottom of the tv and the playbar.
My question is, is there a potential issue in mounting it flush to the tv? I have an LED tv, and by mounting the playbar flush to the tv the cables would be concealed behind the tv. Will the speaker interfere or damage the tv in any way? Magnetic field for example?
Thx

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I think the recommendation is because of the way the speakers fire so you could compromise sound quality. Isn't it only one optical cable for one inch?
Thanks John B.
The optical cable itself is very discreet. Power cord not so much, and the outlet is behind the TV. Your point does make sense. Googling around I found some DIYs who anchored it to the TV mount. I wonder if anyone here has done something similar and have experienced diminished performance?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Blocking an upward firing speaker will affect the performance. It doesn't need hearsay to tell you if it will do that or not.