Answered

Can you fool the playbar into receiving IR from the top sensor while laying flat?

• 31 March 2022
  • 2 replies

The sound is great for the space but the IR range on it sucks so bad that I tried putting in an IR repeater with a blaster on the bottom of my TV, but I guess that the top sensor only works if it is mounted vertically. Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by ratty 1 April 2022, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sassyhat 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m afraid there’s no way to activate the IR sensor on top of the Playbar without changing it’s orientation.

I can only suggest you try to get the blaster to blast at the front of the Playbar, or change the batteries on your IR remote to increase the range sufficiently for you. Ensuring the sensor cover is clean may also help.

I hope this helps.

I have a suspicion that booting the Playbar with it temporarily tipped up onto its front edge will bring the top sensor to life, and then it can be laid back down again. I seem to recall that the accelerometer may only be sampled at boot time. Worth a try anyhow.

On the other hand, the remote’s batteries could indeed be dodgy. I never had a problem with the Playbar IR sensor, 10+ feet away and up to 45 degrees off axis.