Skip to main content

So it’s a rather new model TV and I just can’t get anything other than stereo 

I’m using a Sonos Arc, Sonos Amp connected to Sonos ceiling speakers and a Sonos Sub

I have the TV setting as per the following

(Don’t worry about the wires, it’s not finished!)

Tried Netflix and Sky

Tried turning the TV on and off at the mains

Tried a full factory reset of the TV

Is the HDMI input format set to ‘Bitstream’ rather than PCM?

Are you using Apps built into the TV, or Apps from a connected cable box? If the latter have you checked the cable box audio output settings? Try both audio sources anyway?

What are the options in the DTV Audio Setting? - you should have an option there (I believe) to set to Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital plus - see if selecting the latter forces the surround audio to work and then just try it back on Auto again.

Is the HDMI input format set to ‘Bitstream’ rather than PCM? Yes Bitstream

Are you using Apps built into the TV, or Apps from a connected cable box? If the latter have you checked the cable box audio output settings? Try both audio sources anyway? Built in

What are the options in the DTV Audio Setting? - you should have an option there (I believe) to set to Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital plus - see if selecting the latter forces the surround audio to work and then just try it back on Auto again. Yes I can and have tried forcing it to DD or DDP and nothing (normally on auto)

I can’t personally see anything wrong with the TV or Sonos App settings - the only thing I can think of is the HDMI cable maybe the issue - are you using a cable with HEAC support?

Have you tried switching off eArc and see if that makes a difference. Try the cable that came with your Sonos Arc, that’s  if you are using a different cable.

I can’t personally see anything wrong with the TV or Sonos App settings - the only thing I can think of is the HDMI cable maybe the issue - are you using a cable with HEAC support? Tried different cables including the one supplied with the Arc

Have you tried switching off eArc and see if that makes a difference. Try the cable that came with your Sonos Arc, that’s  if you are using a different cable. To be honest I have tried changing every setting 1 by 1 just in case.

Thanks for your response, i’ve emails LG to ask for their help, beginning to wish I never purchased this TV, great pictures but so many other problems.

I would have thought a reset of the TV would have sorted it (if TV is working okay of course) - Are you using the TV’s HDMI-2 port for the connection to the Arc  - that’s usually the ARC/eARC port on the LG TV’s?

Is there a ‘Device Connector’ option on this TV for setup for universal remote? If so, check in the Soundbar settings that it’s set to Sonos as the Soundbar manufacturer. I have the LG C9 TV, which is obviously (older) different, but I have attached a screenshot for you to see.

Also, just as a shot in the dark, have you tried the setup without the Amp bonded to the Sonos Arc to see if that makes any difference. 

There’s another thing also worth mentioning here - the Sonos App ‘about box’ may ‘sometimes’ not refresh what you are seeing on screen as the Audio-In, so perhaps try exiting from the page (or App if you prefer) and then return to it - just to ensure it refreshes the information you are seeing.