Question

Can't connect Sonos til my LG OLED tv's remote

• 28 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi there!

In the installation process I use the Sonos App at my iPhone. I have disabled the internal sound at my tv and chosen sound by optic cable. Everything goes fine except the connection to my TV’s remote. I’m asked to press the sound+ button, but nothing happens, and the Sonos App reply to me, that it has not observed my remote. My LG tv is brand new and the remote for it is: Magic Remote Model AN-MR19BA. Can anyone help me to get my TV remote connect to my TV sound? It’s not nice that I can’t control my TV’s sound with the TV’s remote control.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Have you checked the Sonos FAQs?

https://support.sonos.com/s/global-search/Smart%20remote?language=en_US

Yes, thank you. I troede the recipe there, but it didn’t succeed. 

Odd. Wonder if your remote is a newer version that hasn’t had a FAQ written yet. 

I would suggest that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7. 

Thanks, Bruce. I have made a support ticket ;-). 

The problem is that the LG remote disables the IR output for the volume button when the internal speakers are disabled.  You need to set the remote up to control a soundbar to get around this.  

On the LG remote, press the STB button and this will enter the device setup menu.  Set up the remote for a sound bar -I used Philips Type 4 as this was recommended elsewhere on this site.  This will then enable the IR output for volume.   Then redo remote setup on the Sonos app and it should then recognize an IR signal.

I found this which is more detailed: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3479