Answered

Can´t connect Arc via HDMI-ARC to a LG G2 65" Evo

• 14 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I have a brand new LG OLED65G29LA and a brand new Sonos Arc.

I have connected both with the included HDMI cable from Sonos. Then, I switched on the TV and set up the preferences for sound to HDMI.

Then, I started the Arc the first time, added it to my Sonos system and the Sonos App asked automatically to serahc for an HDMI-Arc connection. But it fails. I did this several times.

No success. I´ve tried both HDMI ports at the LG TV.

Anyone an idea how to connect both in the right way?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 14 August 2023, 20:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Do this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port (HDMI 2) using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

Then set the TV to these settings (if available):

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream
Digital Sound Output: Pass Through
eARC Support: On

Thank you very much. It worked!

I've had the same problem. This solution works (thanks!) until I then plug in and power up my Virgin box (in any of the other HDMI ports) -  then it immediately and automatically mutes the sonos and will not unmute. Any ideas?

Userlevel 7

I've had the same problem. This solution works (thanks!) until I then plug in and power up my Virgin box (in any of the other HDMI ports) -  then it immediately and automatically mutes the sonos and will not unmute. Any ideas?

Try to find the CEC setting on the Virgin box and turn it off. It might be called “One Power” in the settings.

Thanks for replying so quickly. There doesn't seem to be a setting on my Virgin box (V6 I think - seems like the newer 360 box might be able to do it) to remove that but some searches on a virgin forum suggested it is possible to get a CEC less hdmi adapter. I'll try that. Thanks for putting me on the right track - hopefully!

Update - a HDMI CEC Less Adapter has cured the problem.

Fairly unbelievable that a £9 product off Amazon can solve a problem that several thousand pounds worth of top range equipment from two international companies is unable to deal with.