Hi there! Sonos newbie with a problem here :)
I got a Play:3 less than a week ago and instantly got hooked, so I went out and got myself a beam, sub and two Play:1s for my TV.
I hooked them up yesterday, getting the sub up and running took a few tries but it worked fine all yesterday evening. So far, so good.
When I woke up today only the beam connected to my TV worked. Even my kitchen's Play:3 had disappeared.
Went online in search of a solution and tried a few things:
1) Removing the sub and surround speakers from the living room zone in the Sonos app.
2) Re-adding the sub and surround speakers to the living room zone. The speakers didn't "pop up" immediately when pushing the connect button like yesterday, instead the app was just searching for them for a long time until giving up and asking me to check if it was connected to the power outlet.
3) Connecting the Beam to the router via ethernet cable
4) Changing wireless channel (tried all three)
5) Disconnecting the router and all Sonos speakers
6) Plugging in router and allowing it to establish the network again
7) Plugging in all Sonos speakers one by one, starting with the Beam, giving them time to connect to the network
This brought back my kitchen's Play:3 and one of the surround speakers. This was now a separate zone with the same zone name as my Beam ("Stue"). I renamed it something else ("Tull").
The sub and the other surround speaker where still in the same state. So i tried
Doing a factory reset on sub and play:1
9) Adding them to the surround system
The difference this time was that when trying to add them they did in fact "pop up" right away. But when pressing the "configure speaker" button the same issue persist - roughly translate from my native norwegian: "Setup error for surround. There was a problem adding the surround speaker. Make sure the surround speaker and your Beam is connected to power".
What am I doing wrong? Is there a solution? I could go out and get a Boost, but I'm not sure if that's my problem, seeing as the Beam is connected to the router via ethernet cable.
Thanks in advance for any help you might have :)
Edit: after writing this post I tried adding the missing speakers one more time. This time they didn't pop up, so I'm back to square one it seems.