Answered

Can Ray cast stereo to my two Sonos ONE speakers?

• 12 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Can Ray cast the sound on the TV to my two Sonos ONE speakers as front left and right?

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 12 January 2023, 09:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

No.
The Ray itself is all three front speakers. You can bond the extras as rear surrounds for 5.0 and add a Sub or Sub mini to get 5.1 

If instead you group the Ones with the Ray there will be a slight delay to them when playing tv sound, but not for streaming anything else. 

No.
The Ray itself is all three front speakers. You can bond the extras as rear surrounds for 5.0 and add a Sub or Sub mini to get 5.1 

If instead you group the Ones with the Ray there will be a slight delay to them when playing tv sound, but not for streaming anything else. 

Thanks  

So the Beam will give me what I want?

No.

Thanks  

No, unfortunately not, the Beam works similar to the Ray - there is no option with any Sonos soundbar to setup Sonos Ones (or any other Sonos products) as front left/right speakers (channels) - the Soundbars contain the left/right front channels - this feature however has been requested by others and Sonos have acknowledged the suggestion, but it’s not something that’s available at the moment, you can only add the ‘Ones’ as rear surround channels.

Thanks

No.

Thanks  

No, unfortunately not, the Beam works similar to the Ray - there is no option with any Sonos soundbar to setup Sonos Ones (or any other Sonos products) as front left/right speakers (channels) - the Soundbars contain the left/right front channels - this feature however has been requested by others and Sonos have acknowledged the suggestion, but it’s not something that’s available at the moment, you can only add the ‘Ones’ as rear surround channels.

Thanks again

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

You can always add them as surrounds and leave them in front of you. It's a little unconventional, but it could add to the sound stage.