Answered

Can LG TV remote control more than Volume up Down on Sonos Amp?

Just tried to use a LG TV remote with the Sonos Amp (Nothing connected to HDMI port). It recognises the volume control and I am able to control volume but doesn’t seem able to mute, play/pause or skip tracks all of which would be really useful to be able to do with the remote. Am I doing something wrong or is this just nor supported using IR?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 July 2022, 15:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I can’t speak directly here with regards to the Sonos Amp, as I don’t have that product, but I do have a Beam connected over optical to an older LG TV and so just to test that, I removed the connection from its HDMI port/adapter and rebooted and played some music audio to it and that certainly allows for adjusting music volume up/down and muting the playing audio using the LG TV remote, which I had previously programmed via infrared.

So I assume it should work too with the Amp. Anyhow, my thoughts are to perhaps try reprogramming the remote via the Sonos App, or maybe go onto try another TV/AV remote (if you have one) to see whether it’s something to do with the LG remote, or if there is an infrared issue with ‘muting’ the Amp. I’m not entirely sure if once having a TV connected to my device may also produce some difference here, but as stated I did reboot my Beam after removing its connection to the LG TV.

HTH.

Thanks Ken, I’ll try your suggestions. Cheers