Answered

Can I use one of my sonos 1 speakers in a bar area if it is tied to a surround setup?

• 1 January 2022
  • 1 reply

This might be a stupid question, but I am pretty new to all of this. I have a Sonos beam with the woofer and two Sonos ones in a basement set up. Is there any way that I can create a room for just the one speaker that is back by the bar area? Ideally I would like to play music on that after the kids have gone to bed and not have the whole surroundsound system blasting music and keeping them all up. Or is that speaker permanently tied to the basement set up that I currently have and that is all I can do with it? 

thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 January 2022, 05:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Not really. Setting up as a surround speaker isn’t quite ‘permanent’ but it’s pretty close to it. You can, if you chose, remove the two speakers as surrounds each time you want to use them separately, and then set them up as surrounds when your done, but it’s (relatively) a lot of effort. Bonding, which is what you do to get them as surround speakers, is indeed meant to be semi-permanent.  You’d likely be better off just buying another Sonos speaker, such as a Sonos One, or even a Roam to use as that extra speaker.