Question

Can I setup Two Sonos One SL for surround sound with a Sonos Amp?

• 27 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I am looking to slowly build a full surround home cinema experience with a Sub, Arc and everything. But as this is a costly en-devour looking to slowly buy the parts over time. As such I have a question.

I currently have a Sonos AMP hooked up to my TV through HDMI. If I buy two Sonos One SL’s can I already combine these as a surround sound set or do I first need to get a soundbar like the Arc?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You can use 2 sonos one SLs, or any pair of like Sonos speakers, for surrounds with the Sonos amp.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hopefully you have some kind of center and or front speakers connected to the Amp? I would be surprised if the SLs receive any “surround specific signal” otherwise. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hopefully you have some kind of center and or front speakers connected to the Amp? I would be surprised if the SLs receive any “surround specific signal” otherwise. 

I have the Amp setup (with speakers ofc) with my tv. The thing I will still be missing is a soundbar bellow the tv.