Answered

Can i hard wire all my sonos speakers to create a home theatre?

• 8 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Good evening. I would like to setup up my sonos comprising of ARC SUB  and 2 SONOS ONE  aas a home theatre but would like to use sonosnet to free up my wireless. Is it possible to hard wire all of the speakers and hasve them set for home theatre with the ONE as surround ? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 October 2022, 01:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

1. SonosNet doesn’t use your wireless wifi signal. Because it’s a radio signal, it can provide wifi interference , sometimes, which is why they recommend setting the SonosNet channel to be at least 5 channels away from your wireless channel, so they don’t overlap.
  2. The system  of an Arc, Sub and 2 Sonos Ones is actually designed to use a 5Ghz signal generated by the Arc, and doesn’t use your normal wifi signal anyway, when playing the TV input. 
  3. There’s no reason why you couldn’t try hardwiring them, but that’s not the way they were designed to be used.  

You can wire everything if you like, just wire ARC, or wire another SONOS Room. After one or more Rooms are wired, SONOS will build SonosNet, a private wireless mesh network and ignore WiFi. I don’t recommend wiring only the surrounds and/or SUB without wiring ARC. Note that ROAM and MOVE are always WiFi, never SonosNet.

If you don’t wire SUB and surrounds, they will communicate with ARC using a private 5GHz link.