can i get atmos from ps5 whit my LG oled55c6v

• 23 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Hey everyone.

I have a lg oled55c6v TV, and just Got and PS5. Is it possible in someway to get atmos Sound through to my sonos setup? 

It’s impossible with only the TV Since it does not support it, therefore i only get 5.1. 

But is there a workaround for the ps5?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

You haven’t mentioned what Sonos Home Theatre product(s) you have, but I assume that the TV is connected to the Sonos Arc. I assume you can get Atmos Audio from your PS5 but not via the LG TV, so you could consider bypassing the TV altogether using the HDFury Arcana as mentioned HERE.

A typical setup for TV’s that do not support Atmos would perhaps look something similar to this:

Hope that provides the information you were perhaps looking for?

Yes correct. My tv does not support atmos, but the ps5 does. So i intended to use netflix etc from the ps5 and wanted the full atmos experience. 

So plug and play with the arcana? Tv, soundbar and ps5 into the arcana,- and boom it works? :)

Yes correct. My tv does not support atmos, but the ps5 does. So i intended to use netflix etc from the ps5 and wanted the full atmos experience. 

So plug and play with the arcana? Tv, soundbar and ps5 into the arcana,- and boom it works? :)

Yes, apparently so. I don’t use Arcana myself, but other users in the community here use it and rate it highly. It saves you having to change/upgrade your TV, as the Atmos audio goes direct from the PS5 (and other sources like Apple TV 4K, Fire TV, NVidia Shield etc.) direct to the Sonos Arc without having to go through the TV.

However, the Arcana has a single input, so you’d need some sort of matrix device in front of it to handle all of those devices. Hence that “switch” in the image that Ken posted. 

Thx. I only need one input as i only use the ps5 so its perfect.

Thank you :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Couple things

1. I don't think the PS5 supports Dolby Atmos, Sony chose to use it's own proprietary 3D audio solution which requires headphones. The only Dolby output support is 5.1/7.1. you will want an Xbox if you want Dolby Atmos audio.
  2. the LG C6 is an older tv that doesn't support eARC or HDMI 2.1 and is unable to pass through Dolby Atmos to the ARC 

Couple things

1. I don't think the PS5 supports Dolby Atmos, Sony chose to use it's own proprietary 3D audio solution which requires headphones. The only Dolby output support is 5.1/7.1. you will want an Xbox if you want Dolby Atmos audio.

It seems you just have to switch the PS5, and it’s Player, to use Bitstream audio, rather than Linear PCM to get Atmos audio from Movies.. see this YT video:

1. the LG C6 is an older tv that doesn't support eARC or HDMI 2.1 and is unable to pass through Dolby Atmos to the ARC 

The Make/Model of the TV is irrelevant in this case, as the audio bypasses the TV completely when using the HDFury Arcana.