Bug in new update 13.1 that cuts off the arc's sound completely when switching sources

• 15 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

After receiving the new update, I noticed using the arc, that when i switch sources mid playback, I end up losing all sound and have to unplug at least one device for a brief moment to regain it.

my setup is the arc connected to my 2018 qled tv, and the nvidia ShieldTV as a media player

in order to get the atmos features i run that system with the hdfury arcana in between, and i think it might have to do with this setup, but as it worked before and is now broken after the update, I blame sonos.

The error occurs whenever I switch from regular TV from the built in sat-tuner to the external source that is the ShieldTV, I lose all sound.

Can someone else confirm?
I read from users over at reddit, that experienced the same, but need to mention it here, so that it gets seen by moderators and developers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Arcana have said on their Discord that Sonos 13.1 broke them.

Badge

Update your Arcana to version 0.82. They fixed the problem with sound loss.