Answered

BenQ HT3550I and Sonos Arc with Sub and Surround

• 13 April 2022
  • 4 replies

I have Sonos Arc with Sub and 2 Speakers configured using Sonos App as one room. For projector, I have BenQ HT3550i. It has 2 HDMI outputs. I have connected it to the Arc and I have audio on the Arc alone. However, no sound on the Sub and Surrounds. I was expecting the sound to be across Sub and Speakers through the Sonos Magic. Has anyone had this setup? How would I be able to configure?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 April 2022, 08:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Under System in the Sonos app, is the room with the Arc, Sub, and surrounds listed as “Room Name (+Sub+LS+RS)”?

Also be sure the Arc is connected to HDMI 1 on the projector. And under the projector’s Advanced > HDMI Settings, make sure the Audio Return setting is set to ON.

In addition, make sure the source you’re testing with is at least Dolby Digital, as it’s required to exercise the surround speakers and the Sub. If the ‘show’ is only in stereo, you won’t get anything from the additional speakers. 

The source sound I was using was not Dolby. After using this from YouTube, it all sounded golden. I’m glad BenQ HTB3550I works fine with Sonos. I didn’t have to use any mixer. Used a shielded HDMI cable from BenQ HDMI 1 port to Sonos. 

Userlevel 7

The source sound I was using was not Dolby. After using this from YouTube, it all sounded golden. I’m glad BenQ HTB3550I works fine with Sonos. I didn’t have to use any mixer. Used a shielded HDMI cable from BenQ HDMI 1 port to Sonos. 

All YouTube videos are in stereo. But you will still be able to hear audio from the Sub and surrounds from most YouTube videos. Your original source must have been a video with poor audio quality. If you find an actual 5.1 audio source, your speakers will sound even better.