Answered

Beam + YoutubeTV problem

• 15 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I've got a beam plus sub and surrounds set up. It's connected to my x900f TV via HDMI arc. This TV runs Android TV, and we stream all of our content using apps installed on TV.

Plex, Netflix, Amazon, Google play Movies all work great, and they all deliver 5.1 audio.

The problem, for whatever reason, is I'm unable to start streaming most YoutubeTV channels. It will just show a silent black screen, sometimes with a never ending spinning icon.

YoutubeTV is heavily used in our household, and this is a dealbreaker if we can't get it working. Please help!
icon

Best answer by MikeV 15 July 2018, 23:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sounds like you need to be in contact with Sony?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I've found issues using Youtube TV with my Xbox One X console... sometimes the channel will load, sometimes it takes multiple attempts for it to load. It's definitely not a Sonos issue though, since my Xbox doesn't know that Sonos is part of my home entertainment system (have a Playbar via optical). It's either an issue with Youtube TV or with your TV... though I expect Sony would point the finger at Youtube TV if the other services you use are working just fine.

Oh, and BTW, don't expect any surround sound out of Youtube TV... it's all stereo audio. Maybe HBO or other upgraded packages might have 5.1 (don't know as I don't have 'em), but the standard channels are all stereo all the time, at least that I've found.