Beam+TV+Projector+Blu Ray+Firestick 4K.....help

• 17 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Ok, so i’m out of my depth here, which is mainly why I bought a sonos product :grin: . I have read a lot of the post on the forums here now and I cant seem to find what I am looking for. So my setup at the minute is TV with ARC into sonos beam and all my inputs into the TV, works great I get 5.1 surround with my symfonisk ikea rears.

It only gets tricky for movie night, I have a projector (VANKYO) with HDMI in and I would like to get the 5.1 to the beam. As its only once a week with the kids currently I unplug my firestick and plug it directly into the projector and get sound through an Amazon Echo studio. 

Its frustrating I have an awesome surround sound system sat there when watching as I cant quite work out how to get it all to work/what switch/matrix to get. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Its tricky as the beam leaves you in an either/or situation with hdmi arc or hdmi optical in. Shame it didn't have a direct optical in AND hdmi. I think that would have helped a lot of people. It seems if you use a matrix you have to go with optical and lose arc capability.

Ah, hadn't seen that one thanks, I'm getting the idea of splitting off the audio from the hdmi, which I'm guessing will work just fine but if I do that, I'm going to obviously unplug the arc cable from my TV to the beam to do this through the adapter, I guess I have two question from that, 1 - will I need to reset up my beam each time I do that and 2 - is there a more permanent arrangement using a switch/matrix? 

Cheers for the help 🙂

Userlevel 7

Check out this discussion:

Hi, it's a leisure 470c, pretty cheap and fairly noisy but fun for the kids. I'm thinking of upgrading in the future though

Userlevel 7

What specific model is your VANKYO projector?