Question

Beam turns TV on Automatically

• 24 August 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a Beam connected to my TV.  On my “goodnight” command via alexa the TV (LG) turns on.  I say goodnight again, it turns off.

I disconnect the Beam from Alexa or from ARC port and its not an issue so its certain a Beam issue.

I have autoplay turned off in the Sonos app

Part of my Alaxa routine is to turn every group off.

I cannot understand why or what I am missing here?

I even disconnected my LG skills from Alexa in case that was interfering.

Diagnostics number: 512443598

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Bigbarry, thanks for reaching out. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Regarding your concern about the Sonos Beam that turns on the TV automatically. I checked the diagnostic report and the only thing that could cause this issue is that it shows that the Arc status of the Sonos Beam is offline, Kindly try to unplug the HDMI Arc cable of the Beam and on the TV for 1-2 minutes and plug it back in. Let’s see if it will make any difference if it will still automatically turn on.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon.  That did not work.  The only thing that works is removing Alexa from the Beam it seems and using and Echo Dot

Diagnostics number: 438689657

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Bigbarry, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking the diagnostic report, I can’t see anything wrong with the Sonos Beam, we will take this further since there are a couple of troubleshooting steps that you’ve done. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi @Simon B, I am a happy owner of a sonos arc but I experience the same problem as mentioned above. In every alexa command, the tv turns on. It’s really frustrating. If I unplug the hdmi cable from TV, everything works fine. Did you get any solution to this flaw?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @7Tongues, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to know that you have the same issue on your Sonos system. If you have tried all the basic troubleshooting mentioned above and it’s still not working properly. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.