Question

Beam to projector with HDMI switch

• 22 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I know there are a lot of other similar questions but I am in need to some more specific hand-holding. For outdoor viewing, I am trying to connect my new sonos beam to a Epsom 1450 projector and get video through google chromcast. I purchased an HDMI switch per the forum to connect everyone.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K7BZ1XC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . When everything is connected, I am able to get sound through the beam but could not get simultaneous video (w/o the beam and switch, chromcast and the projector work fine). I tried multiple combinations of the input/outputs in the event my logic was not adding up but no luck. Can anyone help me out with this? 
(Keep in mind I am not nearly as tech savvy as 95% of you)

Thanks!

Chris 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @reagh24, welcome to the Sonos Community! I understand that you want to make them work together and just to let you know that Sonos Beam like any other Sonos soundbars is designed to be connected to a TV. That said, it should always be connected to a TV or any source that would work using an optical or HDMI connection. We can wait for other suggestions and experiences here. Just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.