Beam - sub and rear not connecting

• 1 December 2020
  • 12 replies

I recently upgraded to S2, trying to get sub and rears connected and they disappear.  Looking at my system, I get “?” Vs the items.  I have deleted and reset everything a few times, please advise

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @jetboatrich, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue on your Sonos system, the “+?+?+?”. Possible reasons would be that it’s not connected correctly to the network, You may try to do a power cycle on each speaker by unplugging it for 1-2 minutes, and replugging it back in same goes with your Wifi system. You can also try to remove the surrounds and the Sub from the room and re-add it on the Sonos App and the room. It would also help us check further if I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Please confirm that you have not 'Disabled WiFi ' in the Beam settings.

I have done all that, the whole system has been removed and added several times, independently work fine.  I am now configured with the rears being a stereo set with the sub connected.  All units are wireless, not possible to hardwire.

I want to use the PLAY ONE’s as rear with a sub on the beam, that is where we have a issue.  

I ran the diagnostic and sent in

Please confirm that you have not 'Disabled WiFi ' in the Beam settings.

I have not, runs with music no issues

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @jetboatrich, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. May we have the diagnostic confirmation number so that e can check the status of your Sonos system on our end?

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

Hello @jetboatrich, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. May we have the diagnostic confirmation number so that e can check the status of your Sonos system on our end?

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

I sent this the other day on PM, my report number is 1861353481..

I have the sub connected to SL’s, it would not connect properly to the beam and the SL’s have the same issue.  This room is 100% WiFi

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @jetboatrich, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. I checked and saw that the issue is the Sonos speakers are connected on different Wi-Fi channels, that's the reason it shoes “+?+?+?”  I’ll ask you to temporarily hardwire one Sonos speaker to your main router. and then Change your Sonos system’s wireless channel. Follow the steps in that article.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi @jetboatrich, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. I checked and saw that the issue is the Sonos speakers are connected on different Wi-Fi channels, that's the reason it shoes “+?+?+?”  I’ll ask you to temporarily hardwire one Sonos speaker to your main router. and then Change your Sonos system’s wireless channel. Follow the steps in that article.

Tried it several times, different speakers, etc. I ran a temporary cable through the house to the room and the only way I could get this to work and stay workin g is to keep the network cable plugged into the BEAM.  If I unplug it it drops, will come back on but lose the sub and surrounds.  I plug cable back in and they all slowly come back on

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Set your router to a fixed channel - either 1. 6 or 11. Unplug all your Sonos speakers from power. Reboot your router. When it has fully restarted and wifi is running, power up your Beam. When it is fully restarted, power up your surrounds, one at a time, and then the sub. Continue with the other speakers one at a time. This will force fresh ip addresses to be used and may resolve the problem. If so, you might also find it worthwhile to set fixed ip addresses to your Sonos gear.

Set your router to a fixed channel - either 1. 6 or 11. Unplug all your Sonos speakers from power. Reboot your router. When it has fully restarted and wifi is running, power up your Beam. When it is fully restarted, power up your surrounds, one at a time, and then the sub. Continue with the other speakers one at a time. This will force fresh ip addresses to be used and may resolve the problem. If so, you might also find it worthwhile to set fixed ip addresses to your Sonos gear.

Thanks, left off an important piece, we have Rukeyser AP’s for wireless around the home

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are they set to Auto? If so, that may be your problem: set them to all to channel 1,6 or 11. But the reboots won’t do any harm too. 

Appreciate all the responses and suggestions, did not work