Answered

Beam & Sony TV Issue - restarting, volume issues, etc

• 17 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I recently connected a new Beam to my Sony tv, model XBR-65X850E. Since the Beam has been connected, my tv will restart each time I turn it on after being off for an extended period (ex. overnight). I’ve also run into issues where there is no sound from the tv or Beam when connected, volume controls on the tv get disabled, etc. 

Earlier this week I unplugged the Beam and tv has been working perfectly since.

Any thoughts or recommendations? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 December 2020, 16:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Seems a lot like a CEC implementation issue with the Sony, or a failure upon your specific Beam, since this behavior is not common across all Beams. I’d recommend three things. 

First, try checking with Sony to see if there are any software updates to the TV, and apply them.

Second, reboot the TV by unplugging it from the wall for two minutes, then plugging it back in.

Finally, if neither of the above processes fix the issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this restart issue, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

Thank you Bruce, I will go through your recommendations and come back if it continues.